And if you are not treating any of your conditions or disorders with it, it won’t be termed as medical marijuana. It is widely used all around the world under legal framework for various medical purposes.
The marijuana plant comprises hundreds of cannabinoids and every one of them has a different effect on the individual’s body. Being in New York, you may just use medical marijuana if you are suffering from some particular diseases under the legal framework.
The diseases which can be treated with medical marijuana in New York include Epilepsy and Seizures, Asthma, HIV/AIDS, and Alzheimer’s. It is advised for any individual to use medical marijuana safely in accordance with the doctor’s prescription. In the nutshell, if medical marijuana is taken properly, it can prove to be a lot of beneficial to the user’s body.
Advantages of Medical Marijuana There are countless benefits of marijuana that make it a recommended dose for those patients suffering from various ailments or disorders.
1. It can cure many diseases. Medical marijuana is famous for curing many diseases and physical issues. It can control epileptic seizures, fight Glaucoma, slow Alzheimer’s, help in preventing cancer from spreading, reduce Hepatitis C side-effects, treat inflammatory intestines, relieve arthritis pain, alleviate multiple sclerosis pain, help you get through chemo and much more.
2. It helps in losing weight. It regulates insulin production in your body and helps in managing the daily consumption of calories better. You also might have noticed that those who consume marijuana are thinner than the ones who don’t. Moreover, it also improves the body metabolism of the individual.
3. It can decrease anxiety and depression. A study indicates that medical marijuana can improve the consumer’s mood to a great extent and can even act as a mild sedative. It can easily kick out depression and anxiety out of patient’s mind.
4. It’s the best alternative to harmful addictions. It’s been found that it a lot easier to get attracted towards bud from the other types of lethal drug addictions. To put it differently, it can save many lives that are prone to other hard drugs.
5. It helps the user in enhancing focus. It might not have been shown to be useful in improving short-term memory, but it does prove to be helpful in performing well at evaluations and makes you smarter.
6. It reverses the negative effect of smoking tobacco in your lungs. Instead of this, it removes the effects of tobacco smoking provided you have quit it.
7. It’s a good choice for relaxation. It can actually work on alleviating the stress that is associated with PTSD.